Just a reminder to all Members: The Special Meeting regarding a proposal by the Blind Tiger Group is scheduled to take place, as per the original notification, on Sunday, July 31st at 10:00 am. The meeting will be held at the Clubhouse at ECC. A notification has been mailed to members with instructions on how to download documents.
Please Save the Date
Notice of Special Meeting
Attention Members of the Exeter Country Club:
The Board of Directors will be hosting a “Special Meeting of the Members” to be held on Sunday, July 31, 2022 at 10:00am at the Exeter Country Club.
Purpose of the meeting is to discuss and present information to the membership pertaining to the proposed new building to include but not limited to a full-service restaurant with golf simulators and locker rooms as proposed by Blind Tiger Holdings, LLC.
This is a single purpose/topic meeting. Members in good standing will have a presentation from the Board of Directors including the following:
- Overview material provided from Blind Tiger Holdings, LLC
- General overview of exactly what is being proposed (Ground Lease, Services Agreement and Sub-lease agreements between the ECC and Blind Tiger)
- A handout of Frequently Asked Questions as prepared by the Board of Directors
- Questions and Answers discussion from the floor
- A summary and recommendation from the Board of Directors
- A paper ballot with detailed language for voting (*Please see the attached.)
Please note that only “Members in Good Standing” shall be eligible to attend the meeting and will be required to register for admittance. (A member in good standing is further defined as a member whom has paid their ECC membership dues in full for the year 2022 by no later than the close of business on Friday, July 22, 2022 to allow time for processing of an accurate membership roster for the date of the special meeting. Family memberships allow for two adults to vote. (Honorary members are eligible to vote.)
Members are required to attend the special meeting in person to cast a ballot for voting. Voting will be opened after the presentation and floor discussion is closed. Voting time shall be limited to 1 hour. (No votes shall be accepted via proxy, electronic or otherwise.)
Please stay tuned for future e-mails that will include more detailed information as outlined above. The purpose of this email herein is to provide Notice to the Membership.
[THIS NOTICE WILL BE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE AND POSTED AT THE CLUBHOUSE]
The language of the Vote follows:
Proposed Vote of Exeter Country Club Membership
“Shall the Membership of the Exeter Country Club (“the Club”) vote to authorize the Board of Directors, and the Subcommittee thereof, to negotiate with Blind Tiger Holdings, LLC (or its assigns) (“Blind Tiger”) an arrangement whereby the Club would execute:
- A non-binding Letter-of-Intent, to enable Blind Tiger to move forward with finalizing documents and obtaining approvals and/or permits as needed for its proposed project at the Club;
- A ground lease with Blind Tiger;
- Documents to permit Blind Tiger to demolish the clubhouse and erect a new building at its own cost, to own and operate at the Club;
- One or more services agreements, a sub-lease and/or other contractual arrangements that may be required for the purposes of providing necessary and desirable services at the Club to its Members and to members of the public, including, but not limited to, a full-service restaurant, a pro-shop for golf operations, locker rooms, storage space and other amenities,
- subject to the approval by the bank holding the Club’s mortgage of the documents described above, including but not limited to the ground lease, sub-lease and service agreement(s), and
- also subject to the Board of Directors or the Subcommittee thereof calling for a further meeting and vote of the Members if the Board of Directors or the Subcommittee thereof determines that it is in the best interests of the Membership to do so, once the above- described documents are finalized?”
President – Board of Directors
Exeter Country Club
As Memorial day approaches we wanted to say THANKS to all the veterans in our club and everywhere for your service to our country!
Coming up in June:
- June 5th: EHS Football Scramble (Call Pro-Shop for details)
- June 7th: Friends of Jaclyn Scramble (Call Pro-Shop for details)
- June 12/13: Member-Member Tournament (Contact the Pro-Shop to sign up)
- June 18th: Senior Club Championship (Call Pro-Shop for details)
See you on the course!
The Club will be opening This Thursday, March 25th, 2021. The course will be WALKING ONLY until further notice. It is strongly encouraged to make Tee Times in advance. As a reminder, Covid Policies are still in place as posted earlier this month in this post: https://www.exetercountryclub.com/2021-season-is-close/
For any questions and for Tee times, please call the pro shop at 603-772-4752.
Enjoy the nice weather!
We are very excited for the 2021 Season! The Exeter Country Club will be opening for golf as soon as the weather breaks and we will announce the date here and on Facebook. We are excited to welcome folks back, but we need our golfers to understand that while we are hopeful for a return to normal conditions, we will have a number of precautionary measures still in place to help keep our members, guests and employees comfortable and safe during the pandemic. If you plan on playing golf this spring, please be sure to review and respect these parameters to help keep the game of golf safe and enjoyable for us all!
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times by members, guests and staff until we hear differently from the State & CDC.
- Until further notice, we will continue to practice the following routinely:
o Intense clubhouse & touchpoint cleaning and sanitizing regimens
o Intense golf cart & push cart cleaning and sanitizing regimens
o ECC indoor employees will be asked to wear face coverings (mandatory for all F&B preparers and servers)
Important Golfer & Payment Information:
o All golfers must schedule a tee-time in advance.
o On-line tee times will be activated soon (people may also call for tee-times and info at 603-772-4752)
- Payment in advance is strongly encouraged
o Golfers should arrive no sooner than 15 minutes before their tee-time
o Extended tee-time intervals will be in place until further notice
o We will have a Food and Beverage “take out window”.
o Golf carts will be available.
o Walking is strongly encouraged
- Push carts will be available for rental
o Club rental sets will not be available
o Golfers will not be permitted to linger inside at the course after their round but may social distance on the deck and patio area.
o Gatherings of 10+ people will not be permitted
- Practice Green and Practice Range are now open.
Food & Beverage:
o Food & Beverage service will have limited choices and we are hopeful that restrictions on the industry will be more accommodating for our guests and members by opening day.
o Weather permitting, our on-course Beverage Cart service will be offered under strict service guidelines.
Important Golf Course & Playing Notes:
- Key touchpoints like ball washers and water coolers have been temporarily removed from the course until further notice.
ECC Golf Leagues:
- Start dates for Golf Leagues are as follows:
- Tuesday Night League 05/??/2021
- Wednesday Night League 05/15/2021
- Ladies League 05/??/2021
Stay tuned for more guidance and rules for how we will need to organize start times.
We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and your cooperation. We ask for your support for our staff when and if asked to please follow the social distancing guidelines. This is a new challenge for all of us and will take some adjustments on all our parts.
Exeter Country Club
Originally the Exeter Gun Club members golfed here starting in 1889. Exeter Country Club was born 6 years later to make it official. Overall, Exeter is the 25th oldest club in the United States!
Glad to have all of our members and hoping to see new faces at New Hampshire’s oldest and best Nine!
The Sun is Out and the course is playing great! Come Join us!
Big Thanks to Member and Past President Paul Scafidi for his research and information.